9+ Best Rice Cookers for Sushi – Review and Buying Guide in 2023
While making sushi, you should select a rice cooker that specializes in producing this somewhat difficult rice.
Sushi rice has substantially more starch than regular rice, therefore your rice cooker should be set up to handle it with ease. The best rice cookers produce higher-quality rice and allow for more precise rice cooking than a stovetop or microwave.
The greatest rice cookers eliminate all manual labor from the sushi-making procedure. Let’s look at the best rice cookers for sushi.
1. What Makes Sushi Rice Unique?
In order to make sushi, rice is necessary. It makes logical sense that I conceive of it as the glue because it is sticky. The distinctive quality of sushi rice is its stickiness. Use Japanese short or medium grain rice that has been seasoned with vinegar, salt, and sugar while making sushi.
2. What kind of rice is necessary for sushi?
Not all rice is made equally. It is available in several lengths and varieties (jasmine, wild, basmati, brown, and white) (short, medium, and long grains). Short- or medium-grain, white, Japanese-style rice is frequently used for sushi because it has the correct ratio of amylose and amylopectin to make it sticky.
You can certainly explore, but my suggestion is to start with white rice with short to medium grains. Once you’ve learned it in the conventional manner, feel free to experiment.
3. How to cook sushi rice
Here is an easy recipe for sushi rice. You’ll require
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1/2 cups of vinegar
- 2/5 cups of water
- Two tablespoons each of white sugar and vegetable oil (extra virgin olive oil is recommended)
- A pinch of salt
Let’s begin cooking:
- Rinse the rice, then put it in a rice cooker with some water. A special sushi water level is available on some cookers.
- Heat the water to a boil, then turn it down. (Some rice cookers will carry out this action automatically.)
- Once the rice has soaked up all the water and softened, simmer it covered for about 20 minutes
- Separately warming the remaining ingredients
- Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved over medium heat
- Pour over the rice
- Stir, then dish out
Best Rice Cookers for Sushi – The Greatest Choice For You
Depending on your specific requirements and tastes, you can find the finest rice cooker for sushi. Do you value versatility more than excellence? Are you willing to pay a little bit more for a cooker with a dedicated setting for making sushi rice?
While considering all of your options, it can be intimidating, but don’t worry! I did the work for you!
In order to assist you choose the finest sushi rice cooker for you, I’ve reviewed the products below. See all of my top recommendations by reading on.
1. Best overall: Zojirushi 3-Cup Micom Sushi Rice Cooker & Warmer
The Zojirushi 3-cup is a multi-menu rich cooker with settings specifically for brown rice, long grain rice, white rice, steel cut oats, and rapid cooking. Cooking more quickly and effectively is made possible by the device’s triple heating capability.
The inside lid of this cooker can be removed so you can easily wash it, and it can cook up to 3 cups of rice. Cooking at high temperatures is possible thanks to the power cord’s safety retractable design and the addition of a removable steam vent cover that prevents any hazard or untidy spills.
- Professional rice cooker: 7 pre-programmed settings ensure that white rice, brown rice, mixed rice, short- or long-grained rice, oatmeal, and porridge are cooked to perfection in terms of texture, flavor, and aroma. For a family serving, 12 cups of cooked rice.
- Quick rice feature: The Toshiba rice cooker features a quick rice feature that, thanks to a specifically created sensor, shortens the cooking period to just 30 minutes. This is a fantastic and time-saving feature.
- Keep warm feature: When the rice is finished cooking, the keep-warm option in the rice cooker automatically activates, keeping the food at the perfect serving temperature for up to 24 hours.
The keep-warm function of this gadget is great for up to 24 hours. You do not need to plan your day around cooking. The rice cooker will automatically switch to the keep-warm setting once it has finished cooking so that the food will stay warm until you are ready to eat.
The delay timer is also ideal for folks like me who lead hectic lives. Cooking can be tough for me because my employment frequently demands me to leave the house before noon. When using the delay time option, all you have to do is combine the rice and water and choose the time you want to eat.
- Many menu options for cooking
- Includes a measuring cup for rice and a retractable cable
- Three heaters for even heating
- Removing the lid is challenging
1. What power does it have? What is the price of electricity per use? if used twice a day for more over 30 days? at $0.2 kwh
Answer: The math is also included with this response. The cooker consumes 450 watts per hour at most, which works out to 900 watts per day on average. 30 days multiplied by 900 watts equals 27,000 watts utilized in a month. At your rate, 27,000 watts equals 27 kWh. Cooking 180 cups of rice at 20 cents per kWh costs $5.40 per month or $.03 cents per cup! I hope this clarifies your query!
2. I know that these cups actually measure about 3/4 of an American cup. If you fill this to the 2 cup mark, how much cooked rice does that produce?
Answer: The cooker has a cup with a capacity of three cups, but it is smaller than an American measuring cup. The actual volume is 3/4 cup, or 6 oz. Because the American norm for three cups is 18 ounces, this rice cooker can only accommodate up to 18 ounces of uncooked rice. I wish the manufacturers would stop advertising that it cooks three cups of rice because this is really deceptive.
3. Does the P65 warning apply to the teflon used in the inner pot?
Answer: We appreciate your question. The package material and power cord both contain BPA in accordance with Prop 65. (neither of these would come in to direct contact with food or beverage). N-Methyl Pyrrolidone is used to create the inner cooking pan’s non stick coating.
For additional help, please email [email protected] at Zojirushi America Customer Care.
4. Are vegetables steamable in this model?
Answer: A steamer basket is not included
5. Have you seen the other model? Does using this one make a difference when cooking jasmine rice?
Answer: I appreciate you asking. Having a Jasmine Rice menu option makes it simple to prepare that particular grain. With the recommended rice to water ratio, jasmine rice can still be prepared in a model without a pre-configured Jasmine rice menu setting. We cherish our clients and are eager to help you. Please send an email to [email protected] to reach Zojirushi America Customer Care for additional assistance.
You can also like:
Most Expensive Steak in Japan: Discover food in Japan
Seasonal Afternoon Tea in Tokyo – The Best Locations to Go
Best Japanese restaurants in Tokyo You’ll Absolutely Love
2. Runner-up overall: Zojirushi NP-HCC18XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker
The triple heater, auto keep warm, and prolonged stay warm serve of this product were designed by the producer not only to save time but also to prioritize satisfying taste, bringing out the desired or ideal flavor of your first meal of the day.
It is an essential purchase for any household because to its effective design, simple operation, and many healthy cooking options. This newest addition to our line of kitchen appliances is both svelte, fashionable and extremely practical—every aspect has been thoughtfully created for ease of use.
- Triple heaters (on the bottom, side, and lid): They are included for uniform heating and have multiple menu options.
- Keep warm rice: Rice is kept at the ideal serving temperature thanks to automatic keep warm and extended keep warm.
- Multi-rice cooking: Brown rice, GABA brown rice, and germinated brown rice are all nutritious cooking options.
- Keep warm feature: Delay timer (2 settings) with dimensions of 15.5 x 11 x 9.5 inches and a 120-volt electrical rating.
The perfect cooking of your rice is ensured by the superior induction heating. This rice cooker is among the best for sushi dishes because of its features.
The product also includes an embedded delay timer. Rice is simply placed in the cooking pot, and the timer is set. Your rice is prepared to make sushi at any moment along with keeping it warm.
Last but not least, the removable stainless steel inside lid is a huge assistance to me while cleaning. This is necessary to keep the cooker in good condition for a long time.
- Delicious rice heated with induction
- Cooking evenly with three heaters
- Exterior made of stainless steel with a clear coating
- LCD control panel for the delay timer
- Melody and buzzer signal switchable
- Simple to clean
- No handle, therefore it’s less maneuverable than the first one.
1. Does it come from Japan?
Answer: Indeed, this model was produced in Japan.
2. The Jasmine rice setting looks beneficial because I typically cook with this type of rice. When it is utilized, does anyone actually perceive a difference?
Answer: The “Jasmine” setting really soaks the rice first, and it takes around 90 minutes to cook on that setting in total. Using the “Quick” setting, we typically cook jasmine rice for 40 minutes. The only distinction is that, if you prefer it, the Jasmine option is fluffier. It will be fine to use “Jasmine” if you are cooking more than 3 cups and intend to keep it warm for a few hours or days. The “Quick” option is used for cooking tiny amounts (less than 2 cups).
3. Can I put the inner pot or bowl in the dishwasher?
Answer: No. Because the inner pot is non-stick, placing it in the dishwasher could cause the non-stick coating to come off.
4. Are steel cut oats cooked by it?
Answer: Yes. They’re also excellent. I wore them to breakfast the night before.
5. If I’m making two cups of rice at once, which size should I buy? Is the bigger one excessively huge for modest amounts of rice?
Answer: I believe that might be advantageous for the group.
Purchase ingredients for the meals you plan to prepare each day.
In order to get a consistent cook, Zo advises cooking at least 1/2 the capacity in a 10 cup rice cooker rather than only 2 cups.
Hence, I’d suggest a 5.5 cup cooker.
3. Best design: CUCKOO CRP-AHSS1009FN
The Cuckoo CRP-AHSS1009FN rice cooker is the ideal kitchen tool for making authentic, flavorful Asian cuisine. This rice cooker, which uses induction heating technology, gives you a quick way to make tasty rice without spending a lot of time or using a lot of unhealthy oils. This cooker has everything you need at your disposal with a 10 cup capacity, 20 cups cooked, 17 menu options, and a full stainless steel inner pot!
- Smart technology: it uses induction heating to completely enclose the inner pot, accelerating cooking time (white rice can be ready in as little as 20 minutes!). And our energy-efficient clever algorithm automatically discerns the grain type and internal temperature to remove any uncertainty about the timing of precisely cooked rice
- Eco-friendly inner pot: Equipped with an environmentally friendly stainless steel inner pot with an X-Wall nonstick coating that guarantees ideal temperature and heat distribution throughout the cooking process and is moreover incredibly durable.
- High-end functionality: With an LED touch-screen, a voice guide in three languages (Korean, Chinese, and English), a preset timer, a reheat setting for leftovers, and a keep-warm function to prevent overcooking of any of your items while serving.
- Versatile and multi-functional:Take advantage of the 10-Cup capacity, 17 menu selections, including GABA/brown rice, glutinous/white rice, multigrain, burnt rice, porridge, baby food, and bread baking, as well as auto-clean to quickly deep clean your cooker.
- A reputable Korean brand: With over 40 years of expertise in the market and a reputation for high quality, CUCKOO has mastered the art of making items with integrity.
The Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Cooking Algorithm are first to be mentioned. From white sushi rice to difficult-to-cook brown rice, your tasty rice is ready in no time. There are numerous options on the menu, allowing you to prepare a variety of dishes with just one cooker. This is hence ideal for preparing sushi rice.
With regard to convenience, this Cuckoo rice cooker won’t let you down. You can operate the cooker even when you’re not there thanks to Smart NFC, which is only available for Android OS devices. Also, voice navigation is really helpful.
Finally, using it at home is completely safe. The automatic steam and pressure emission, lid-locking mechanism, automatic temperature control, and overheating alert are all features of this cooker. By not opening the lid in situations where hot steam could burn out, you would prevent this.
- Energy savings
- Sushi rice that is fluffy
- English language setting for technological support for your cooking
- Sizeable for the entire family
- Strong internal quality
- High cost (but it worth every penny)
- Only Android is able to use smart function
- Large-sized fingerprint
1. I noticed that this model does not have a “Sushi” setting. Does this cooker have a setting for sushi rice?
Answer: Although this model comes without a sushi button, it can prepare sushi rice. You can utilize the glutinous rice mode and cook to make sushi rice.
Once cooked, the rice needs to be seasoned with salt, sugar, and vinegar. Online searches may yield more detailed instructions for making sushi rice.
I hope this clarifies your query. Please let us know if you have further inquiries.
2. This is 11.4 psi according to Amazon. Site Cuckoo claims 26 psi. Who knows which is correct?
Answer: They’re both accurate.
Americans refer to it as 11.4 psi “gauge pressure,” which is the pressure above sea level (14.7 psi at sea level). I think the Koreans use “absolute pressure,” which means they double the pressure at sea level by the pressure above it (14.7 + 11.4 = 26.1 psi).
3. What is the difference between CRP-HS0657F AND CRP-N0681F?
We appreciate your interest in and concern over our products. Here are the variations and parallels between each of the products you have mentioned:
- The inner pot is composed of titanium metal with a diamond coating to assist cook the rice more quickly.
- The lid and rubber cover packing on top are more securely packed to prevent residue from building up on the bottom of the lid.
- The pullout handle is composed of rubber, and the lid employs single-layer cover packaging.
- Supports Korean and English voice navigation only available in Korean and English handbook
- The inner pot is created out of marble coating on top of aluminum metal to help cook the rice more quickly. The lid is made to be easier to remove.
- The N0681F model features Korean, English, and Chinese voice navigation, double layer rubber packing for secure pressure during cooking, and manuals in both Korean and English.
- Rice is heated using induction technology; the inside pot is made entirely of stainless steel; the lid has a double-layered cover packing; and the pullout handle is made of steel for a firm grip and easy cover packing changing. supports voice navigation in Chinese, English, and Korean
- Only available in Korean and English
- Comes with N.F.C. (Near Field Communication), which enables you to modify your rice settings from your smartphone (currently only compatible with Android OS).
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any more inquiries.
4. Does it remember the last setting so that all I have to do to start it is push cook? Does it remember if I unplug the power, store it, and then re-plug it?
Answer: The previous cook setting you used will be the setting for the rice cooker. Your rice cooker will reset to the factory settings if you unplug it.
5. How quickly does six cups of white rice cook?
The type of white rice you are cooking will affect how long it takes to cook.
These are the cooking times for white rice using various cooking methods:
- White glutinous rice, 1-6 servings: 23-32 minutes
- Glutinous White Rice in Turbo Mode for 2-4 Servings: 14–21 minutes
- Glutinous White Rice at High Heat for 2 to 6 Servings: 29 to 37 minutes
- 49–54 minutes for 2-4 plates of soft glutinous rice
4. Best purchased product: Aroma Housewares ARC-5000SB Digital Rice
The ARC-5000SB multifunction cooker is more than just a rice cooker because it comes equipped with all the functionality and flexible options you need to produce any type of meal. The lid of this slow cooker may be used to make soups, veggies, sauces, and anything else you can think of!
These nutritious meals may easily be modified to suit individual needs thanks to extra features like the ability to sauté two dishes concurrently at various temperatures or slow cook with delayed start and stop timings. You’re not hungry? With the help of steam heat treatment, the ARC-5000SB can also produce several more delectable delicacies, like fluffy cakes. At long last, a multifunctional appliance!
- Multi-Functional Usage: With the ARC-5000SB cooker, you can make everything from a robust jambalaya to steamed vegetables and rice to a light cake (yes, cake!). The options are only limited by your imagination.
- Tasty & Nutritious: The built-in steam function enables you to prepare nutrient-rich meals above while cooking rice, soup, or any other meal additions below, saving you time without compromising meal quality. In addition to offering all of your preferred cooking methods, this multi cooker also has the special capabilities of Slow Cook and Saute-Then-Simmer STS, resulting in meals that are filling, delicious, and a family favorite.
- Dimensions and Capacity: The ARC-5000SB is 11.2 x 10.8 x 11.4 inches in size and has a 20-cup cooked capacity, producing 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice.
- User-friendly Programming: The cooker is exceptionally easy to use thanks to our user-friendly digital panel, which automatically switches to keep warm after cooking is complete. This gives you the freedom to stop worrying while you cook and allows you to take back your time.
- Accessories: Attachments for this rice cooker include a plastic rice spatula, a steam tray, a measuring cup for rice, and a nonstick inner pot.
Only the most fundamental features are present in this offering. Due to the fact that it is user-friendly for the majority of people, this is not its weakness but rather its strength.
The built-in steam function offers options for soup, vegetables, and even a cake in addition to rice. The steaming technique would keep the nutrition, making it a terrific approach to start living more healthfully.
- Good price and basic functionality
- Cook uniformly and completely
- Really friendly
- Sizeable for the entire family
- Compact design
- Practical handlebar
- Cook more slowly than the majority of other alternatives
- During cooking, the vent area was a little dirty.
- Lacking a removable cord
- The sauté setting is not very good.
- An ineffective digital display
1. Is the lid detachable?
Answer: An extra (third) hand would be needed to operate the device if the lid could be removed, and you would also need a clean, secure area to put the removed lid. Being able to remove just the pot (and steamer tray) is adequate.
2. Does it have the ability to cook quinoa?
Answer: I have an 8-cup one, and the brown rice setting cooks quinoa nicely! It must initially soak for at least six hours, but once done, it is thoroughly cooked, fluffy, and light. The 8-cup cooker doesn’t hold enough vegetables for me, so I recently upgraded to the larger 20-cup cooker. I’m confident that the larger cooker’s brown rice setting will create quinoa just as well.
3. Does this rice cooker have a bell or chime to alert you when the rice is finished cooking? Is there a switch to turn it off, too? When not in use, the one I currently own needs to be disconnected?
Answer: Yeah, there is a beeper on this. When the rice is finished, it beeps on and off for roughly 5 to 6 seconds before switching to keep warm automatically. After finished, simply click the power button to turn it off without having to unhook the device.
4. Does the slow cooker have a high or low setting? For high, most recipes call for 4-6 hours and for low, 8-10 hours. Does it shut off on its own?
Answer: The slow cooker feature is on high and maintains a temperature of 165+ F. The “keep warm” setting is on low, at about 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. How much rice have you successfully cooked in the smallest quantity?
Answer: I’ve only ever cooked three cups at a time using the measuring cup that came with the machine. This was a blend of white rice and barley rice.
5. Best material: Zojirushi 612252-NL-BAC05SB Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
You won’t have any trouble keeping your Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer in the kitchen cabinet or on the counter thanks to its 3-cup capacity and amazing design! Every grain of rice is perfectly cooked because of the triple heater’s extra-large heating element, which heats and warms the rice from the bottom, side, and top.
High temperature cooking is possible without messy spills thanks to the detachable steam vent lid. All types of rice may be cooked perfectly with the help of a number of practical timed settings, including fuzzy logic, and features like automatic keep warm and extended keep warm, which maintain the rice’s temperature at a lower level to prevent drying. It has an inner cooking pan that is 2.5 mm thick and evenly distributes heat to keep food moist.
- Small 3-cup capacity, 120 volt electrical rating
- Includes three heaters Rice is heated and warmed by an extra-large heating element from the bottom, side, and top.
- High temperature cooking is possible with a removable steam vent lid without messy overflows.
- Extended heat keeps rice warm for longer by maintaining a lower temperature to prevent drying. Automatic keeping warm maintains rice at the ideal serving temperature.
- Black inner cooking pan with 2.5 mm thick is nonstick and distributes heat evenly. Coated for simple cleanup
Fuzzy logic technology, the triple heater, and Zojirushi’s thick black inner pot all work to make sure your sushi rice is flavorful and fluffy.
The outcome is good since after the rice is prepared, the stay warm feature immediately activates. By doing this, you can avoid overcooking and drying out your food and rice.
This product is a wonderful choice for you if you don’t have much time for cleaning. For simple cleaning, the inner pot, inner lid, and steam vent cap are all removable.
The removable cord would also be an advantage for keeping your kitchen organized and spotless.
- Perfectly moist rice
- Changeable beep and melody signal Practical handle
- Separate cord
- simple to clean
- High grade construction
- Minimalistic and light
- A little more slowly
- Only suitable for a single family or couple
1. Where was it produced?
Answer: It was produced by China. China is the country with the highest rice cooker standards and the highest consumption of rice. The most strict quality control is used by Zojirushi.
2. Did you say that it has 3 cups, what does “ 3 cups”, it is 3 cups of cooked or raw rice?
Answer: The answer is three cups of uncooked rice, although an American cup has a 240 ml capacity, and the rice cooker cup is approximately 180 ml.
3. Oatmeal with steel cuts isn’t necessary, right? I could also try making some plain oatmeal.
Greetings and thanks for your question. The Steel Cut Oatmeal menu option is intended specifically for steel cut oats. Use the WHITE rice menu setting on this rice cooker model to prepare old fashioned oats, sometimes referred to as rolled oats. For more help, please call 1-800-733-6270 to speak with a representative of Zojirushi USA.
4. Is this a device with a delayed start?
Answer: Thank you for your question. To ensure that the rice is ready at the specified time, the NL-BAC05 features two delay timer settings.
5. Can ingredients be added halfway during cooking, for example, adding millet or quinoa to brown rice?
Answer: The cooking process is unaffected when I pop open the top approximately 10 minutes before it’s done. It would be acceptable if you added ingredients that required less cooking time in the middle.
6. Best compact: TIGER JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
Therefore there’s no longer a need for it to be challenging. You can cook rice and a major dish simultaneously with the Tiger JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker with only one simple push action! You can choose from “Slow Cooking,” “Plain Rice,” “Brown Rice,” or “Synchrony Cooking” to start one of four distinct cooking menus. Users must first measure out the right amount of rice into its individual storage cup, then insert it into the suitable menu option.
- Rice and the main course can be cooked simultaneously using the “tacook” syncro-cooking function with only one push of a button.
- Dimensions (inches): W 10.6 x D 13.9 x H 8.4 inches (inches).
- 4 settings to cook (Slow cooking, Plain rice, Brown rice, and Synchronized cooking)
- Easy-to-clean inner pan with a nonstick coating.
- Cooking Appliance Rating: 672W
- Cookbook, measuring cup, cooking plate, and nonstick spatula for use with the “Synchrony-cooking” feature.
Dual level cooking allows for the simultaneous preparation of two dishes. For meals being prepared above while rice is cooking below, the synchronized cooking function includes a BPA-free cooking plate.
It is a good device for those on a tight budget even though it is not the finest rice cooker for sushi on this list.
- A removable inner steam cap and a BPA-free cooking plate
- Simple to use and effective
- Good value
- There is no special use for sushi rice.
1. Is there a timer on it?
Answer: No, but you can attach a timer to it. Press one of the rice cooking buttons, briefly turn on the power, and then turn it off once more. The rice will finish cooking as planned when your timer restarts the power.
2. A year or more was utilized by anyone? Is there still no damage to the inside pot?
Answer: The inner pot must be handled with the same care as if it were made of the finest, most delicate porcelain. It is quite prone to scratching, and once that occurs… The entire device is garbage.
The inner pot cannot be changed, and Tiger does not actually make replacements (despite showing they have sold out units for about the price as the whole machine). Despite your best efforts, it is advised to replace Teflon-coated cookware after a few years owing to material deterioration. You could just just eat the Teflon while you’re blind.
This is a disposable product, as are many others of similar companies. To prevent it from becoming a landfill-bound mass of trash, they do not provide replacement components and are aggressive in their legal actions against companies selling knockoffs. Every five years, the entire unit should be replaced.
3. Does it have a plug fittin when I live in the UK?
Answer: Namely a 120 volt US plug. Use of the plug adaptor in the UK will cause the device to burn out. You do require the 5 amp step down transformer from 240 to 120 volts. In An Amazon search I came across this “BESTEK Universal Travel Adapter 220V to 110V Voltage Converter with 6A 4-Port USB Charging and UK/AU/US/EU Global Plug”. I merely attempt to assist; I do not work for Bestek.
4. I’m from Germany. So can you tell me how much power this rice cooker has? This area uses 220 volts.
Answer: It uses 110 volts in the USA for this rice cooker.
5. Can you take the inside lid off? Is cleaning it simple?
Answer: Neither the rubbery seal nor the lid itself are detachable. These need to be spot cleaned right there.
7. Best modern: JOYDEEM AIRC-4001 Smart Induction Heating System Rice Cooker
The JOYDEEM AirC-4001 IH Rice Cooker has a modern appearance and five wholesome settings for making rice to your preferences. Also, it boasts the utmost in convenience, with a one-touch control panel, clear LCD display, and a nonstick inner pot that is dishwasher safe.
Learn more about our most recent innovation, which permits many steaming functions without endangering the risk of burning or drying out cake or meat. With a 4L capacity, 8 cups of rice can be cooked in 24 hours while other meals are steaming. This also applies to the beef bone soup (no more staying up late)! Depending on whether you want to hold constant or steam quickly over a high heat, cooking times will change.
- Powerful functions: 10 distinct purposes for rice, soup, porridge, congee, and cake, every type of rice has 3 different mouthfeels: regular, soft, and chewy.
- System for Smart induction heating: An electromagnetic induction heating system known as a 3D induction heating system can increase heating speed. Rice grains are evenly cooked and chewy when toasted by a powerful fire. Durable, more concentrated in energy, and more evenly heated, the 1.85 kg iron inner pot.
- Pre-set Timer: 1–24 hour appointment timer, 8–hour heat preservation, keep food delicious and fresh.
- 8 cups of rice can be cooked in a 4L rice cooker, enough for a sweet dinner for the entire family.
Rice that is fragrant, sweet, and chewy are all provided by the Joydeem micro computerized technology. You don’t need to worry; just wait and savor the rice because you have the ability to modify the temperature to better suit the rice and water.
You are guaranteed a positive user experience with the simple operating system thanks to the LCD screen with one-touch control.
- Moist and tasty rice
- User-friendly circumstances
- Simple to clean
- Modern appearance
1. What is the purpose of the “Delicious Cook” button?
Answer: Rice can be cooked using the Delicious Cook and Fast Cook options. There is a timing difference; cooking with the Delicious Cook function will require more time. You can pick the level of doneness and flavor of the rice you wish to cook after choosing the Delightful Cook function.
2. How long does white rice take to cook?
Answer: Around 25 minutes
3. Does it have a beep alarm that sounds during all cycles when the lid is open?
Answer: I adored this steamer because it only beeps when the food is finished cooking.
4. Does the Joydeen rice cooker come from Korea?
Answer: No, this rice cooker is made by China.
What to Look for in Best Rice Cookers for Sushi
Before purchasing a sushi rice cooker, take into account the following factors so that you may have greater control over your cooking and express your creativity in the kitchen:
1. Dependable Brand
A trustworthy brand is the first thing to search for. Popular and well-known brands will provide some assurance of their caliber. According to the brand, they also typically offer a warranty for 1-2 years.
Less well-known businesses are typically hit-or-miss, so if you’re thinking about buying from them, you should rely on user and expert recommendations and do your own research.
Sushi rice cookers are available with capacities ranging from 3 uncooked cups to more than 50! The size and capacity of the cooker mostly rely on your intended use, including how many people you intend to serve and whether you want to use it at home or at a restaurant.
Simply said, you can prepare more sushi rice in a sushi rice cooker with a greater capacity. However, keep in mind that capacity listed on rice cooker descriptions frequently include both cooked and uncooked rice.
Uncooked rice yields more volume because it expands and becomes fluffier when cooked. So that you never prepare too little or overfill the pot, you’ll need to consider how many cups of cooked rice the cooker can hold. Consider the space you have in your kitchen as well so that the sushi rice cooker may fit there without creating any problems or disruptions.
3. Sushi cooking function
Regular rice cookers cannot produce sushi rice that is as flawlessly sticky as a sushi rice cooker can.
This is frequently accomplished using a special sushi cooking feature, which allows for extensive customisation and enables you to create customized rice recipes that are most effective for you.
One practical cooking gadget may be capable of a number of additional functions, giving it enormous versatility.
Some sophisticated rice cookers also function as pressure cookers, cook meat, make soups, and even ferment yogurt in addition to having distinct programmed settings for various varieties of rice with tailored temperature and timing for each.
4. Type of Rice Cooking
Depending on how they heat the rice, sushi rice cookers can differ, each with unique benefits and drawbacks. The optimal type depends only on your preferences and needs.
In a typical sushi rice cooker, steam is produced when the inner pot is heated using a mix of convection, pressure, and a hot plate at the bottom.
On the other hand, gas rice cookers use the same principles of operation but an open flame as the heat source. Although they require more upkeep, they cook the rice considerably more quickly and give it a more authentic flavor.
Induction cookers, which are still very new on the market, generate heat by friction, magnetic, and alternating electric current. Compared to other varieties, they react to temperature changes more quickly and accurately.
5. Simple controls and use
Current sushi rice cookers have one-touch controls and are exceedingly simple to use. Just combine the rice and water, then start the cooker. The greatest sushi rice cookers are not only simple to use, but also simple to maintain. Sushi rice cooker inner pots are typically non-stick coated and detachable, making them simple to wash by hand and in the dishwasher.
6. Rating Electrical
A sushi rice cooker’s electrical rating is also very important to consider because it decides whether or not the appliance can be utilized with your power supply in addition to its toughness, adaptability, and convenience of use.
The energy efficiency for large 10-cup sushi rice cookers falls between 1000 and 1100 watts.
While 300–500 watts are appropriate for 3-cup rice cookers, 700–1000 watts are ideal for 5.5-cup cookers.
More features are included in advanced models so you can further customize your works. They frequently contain one-touch buttons that let you select your pre-programmed cooking mode and set times for the specific variety of rice you want to cook.
Some more recent versions also feature “Fuzzy Logic” technology, which assures correctly cooked rice every time and eliminates all the guesswork involved in learning to prepare a new type of rice.
7. Extraordinary Qualities
A sushi rice cooker needs to have a cold outside because the internal heating and cooking can cause it to become extremely hot very quickly.
As a result, a cooker’s surface that maintains its coolness in spite of the high temperature makes using it easier, safer, and less likely to result in burns.
You can protect your hands from the heat and simply make extra settings and adjustments with stay-cool handles without having to worry about using oven mitts.
Also, some sushi rice cookers include useful extras like a rice spatula and measuring cups designed especially for portioning rice. A spatula holder, a steaming basket, or perhaps both are included as high-end models in some cases. These features are excellent for storage and usability.
8. Costs Suffered
Last but not least, because there are many price ranges for sushi rice cookers, you should take their cost into account.
By choosing the most expensive option, you don’t need to burden yourself. At considerably more affordable prices, you can also discover some excellent solutions. To be successful, all you need to do is keep your needs and financial constraints in mind.
Although they may not have as many features as the more sophisticated and pricey ones, sushi rice cookers may be had for as little as $60.
- Eating Sushi With Hands Or With Chopsticks?
- How To Order Sushi Like A Native?
- Best Japanese restaurants in Tokyo You’ll Absolutely Love
1. Should I prepare my sushi rice in a rice cooker?
Although sushi rice can be prepared in a small saucepan, it is not advised. If you use a rice cooker, your outcomes will be considerably better. In any case, a good ratio for stovetop sushi rice is 1:1.25, or 1.25 cups of water for every cup of rice.
2. Why isn’t the rice in my sushi sticky?
Because it won’t stick if it’s genuinely still moist. It doesn’t become sticky until it is sufficiently dry for the starch to become sticky as opposed to being simply starchy water. Yet even if you did allow it to cook and dry properly, the additional washing and soaking may have been a problem.
3. How do I get the sushi rice really sticky?
Kim prefers to use 1/2 teaspoons of rice vinegar, 5/4 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to make a single serving (1/2 cup) of sushi rice. Fold the three components into the cooked sushi rice after combining all three in a small basin and allowing the sugar to melt.
4. How much time should the rice be soaked before making sushi?
Let the rice soak in the water for a sufficient amount of time so that the water penetrates all the way into the grains. Depending on the change in humidity, the recommended times for soaking are one hour in the summer and two hours in the winter.
5. Should sushi be made with cold sticky rice?
When all of the vinegar mixture has been incorporated into the rice, it should be sticky, shiny, and slightly chilled, not hot or cold. According to Danielle Edmonds, if your rice is too hot when building your sushi, it will turn rubbery on the nori. Your rice is prepared for sushi once it has somewhat cooled off.
If you prepare rice frequently, you cannot deny the convenience of using a rice cooker. A rice cooker for sticky rice is an excellent choice for people who like sushi because it will improve the flavor of your favorite foods.
Even if you’re still unsure about whether it’s a good idea to spend money on a rice cooker for sushi, there are several best rice cookers for sushi that ensure a delectable lunch. The top brands of rice cookers for sushi that I looked at in this article are Zojirushi, YumAsia, Hamilton Beach, Instant Pot, Toshiba, Reishunger, and Aroma Housewares, to name a few.
By using these rice cookers to prepare sushi, you may be able to save time and effort and eliminate the need for trial and error. These cookers will handle the rest; all you need to do is add the rice and water.